Sunday, December 1, 2019

Commenting Reports

Commenting Reports

Responding to my colleagues blogs is an important tool for blogging. A blog is an outlet for us to relay information in a fun and creative post, allowing the blogger to reflect or inform their thoughts.  The purpose is for the reader to be informed on the topic and that is best expressed through responses, telling the blogger how they felt from reading the blog and was the information creative, useful, and relevant.  I have responded to a few of my classmates blogs.  I hope that I was reflective and insightful to their thoughts.  There are some great discussions (or discourse as I have learned!) that have been written. 


 Great Job everyone!!!


Jason's blog-Grading, Should we use it?
I agree, I tend to go back and forth about the philosophy on grading. But I think I lie on the side of grade as it provides feedback, monitoring data, and allows students to know how they are doing, and where they can improve on. I unfortunately feel that most students will only do as little as possible to receive the grade they want. If they have no bar to work for, will they continue to keep working? I have struggled with this class, not having any grades to reflect my efforts. I find this stressfull, as I'm sure my students would too, not to mention their parents! My daughter's 8th grade teacher attempted a no grade approach for a quarter. My daughter said he found it stressful and stopped doing it after the first quarter was up. Maybe no support from school, or just didn't work i his classroom, but he must have been interested in trying.


Tara L's Blog-Trade Book Project
I agree, the book trailer was a fun and creative project that I bet kids would love to do!! I enjoyed making mine, and after seeing my colleagues' projects, I have so many more ideas on how to make better ones. You connected your lesson topic perfectly with the story of the book. Your blog was well written as well, with lots of insight into your creativity. Well done.

Lauren's Blog-Chapter 7-9 Reflection
This is a comment to your science joke... I have one for you! Two hydrogen atoms walk into a bar. One says, "I think I've lost an electron." The other says, "Are you sure?" The first replies, "Yes, I'm positive." or how about... A neutron walks into a toy store and grabs a toy. The salesman says to the neutron, "For you no charge." Finding fun and creative ways for students to make connections to the content they are learning is a great resource for retaining information. Meeting the needs of all our students will be challenging, but we just need to focus on inventive ways for them to understand subject matter. Poems, rhyme, song, jokes are great tools.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Commenting Reports

Commenting Reports Responding to my colleagues blogs is an important tool for blogging. A blog is an outlet for us to relay information ...